Aetheria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server stayng up.

4 posters

Go down

Server stayng up. Empty Server stayng up.

Post  bk360 Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Hey well uh sasha, the server dosent really need to go down.. you can always ask your host for a copy of the "world" and just make sure you have it backed up and saved etc. Then while its in a safe spot where it wont be deleted/corrupted, we can still play on the world, once the recent changes have been made with no bugs etc you could just restore our old map. Also if we get lucky no one will grief, and if so that luck does come, we can continue using that map..

--PROBLEMS--
1. No Chest Protection, in this case we can always make a undestructable bank, and a secret warp like I've mentioned. Mods suggested hiding it, but what if someone is watching you? well thats not good.. but theres a couple of options.
2. People might have to re-download the old Minecraft.j or we can just use WoM client im not sure.. but until I find out other ways im sure the server will be down.

I'll be keeping up with solutions, so just check up once in awhile.

bk360
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Server stayng up. Empty Re: Server stayng up.

Post  Sasha Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:12 pm

We can do that.

However, we've become surprisingly popular. And I can just about guarantee that we will have to restore the world; meaning any work from now to whoever knows when will be lost. Effectively making it.. Worthless. It will just cause burn out in my opinion; but I could always see how other people feel about it.
Sasha
Sasha
Admin
Admin

https://aetherlite.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHayate Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:10 pm

would give me a reason to stop playing so much sc2, would be fun to have it up

BlackHayate

Back to top Go down

Post  annexone Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Hell, in light of the server being down, I am making a complete run through Earthbound for the SNES. Chrono Trigger is up next. Dusting off the old games is a great way to pass this time quickly.

But it leaves an empty hole in my heart. A hole that can only be filled by the creativity of building a something, out of other somethings. Sad

lol!
annexone
annexone
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post  bk360 Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:51 am

if anything ive gotten whiteleisted into a few other servers and all they have been doing is have everyone downgrade there clients and make sure it dosent update, if thats a possible solution it could work..

bk360
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  annexone Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:12 am

At the very least, that would allow a few people continued access.

I suppose all we can do is wait to see what Sasha decides. It's too bad we didn't have a second backup or temp copy to run and fiddle with while we wait.
annexone
annexone
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post  bk360 Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:48 am

like I said before he can always ask the VPS for host for the files and he can just download them from the host..

bk360
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHayate Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:59 am

we have backups, sasha just doesnt want to have everyone's time wasted when we reload for the updates and any griefing that may happen.

BlackHayate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down