Aetheria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what's going down...?

Go down

So what's going down...? Empty So what's going down...?

Post  Sasha Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 pm

The past few days I've had piles of work, and knowing that my work is usually the 16 hours straight sort of work, it's very easy to get sidetracked. So as for where I've been, I've either been lazy when getting home or dead tired.

Now, Notch is forcing another server update. This creates a terrible chain of events for us, unfortunately.

What usually happens:
Notch Updates Server Software
Hmod Releases New Version to compensate

However:
Hmod is no longer under development
Our server software goes Vanilla (AKA, no plugins, no whitelist, no nothing)
Last time we went up while vanilla.. We got destroyed by griefers. So needless to say, we will remain down to preserve our world from those that might try to destroy it

Therefore:
We must wait for this new server software: Bukkit (Which our host IS going to use, apparently it's supposed to be easier to update, be compatible with all the plugins and run smoother than Hmod ever did. So that's some good news.)
We may end up waiting anywhere from a week or more... I have no estimated time frame.

Now, I know this is discouraging because all of you have worked very hard on what you've built. But our world will not be reset. It will remain, with all your hard work and dedication preserved. I'd suggest, if you need a minecraft fix, try playing on other servers for a while. You may end up really liking them. But, once this is all sorted out, we do have a home for you here.

Also, with the addition of the new ores (Which can only appear in newly generated chunks); I will be expanding the size of the border by 500 squares.

Just have patience with it, there's really nothing I can do to speed up the process.
Sasha
Sasha
Admin
Admin

https://aetherlite.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down