Aetheria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Probability of starting all over again?

+2
BlackHayate
tzeneth
6 posters

Go down

Probability of starting all over again? Empty Probability of starting all over again?

Post  tzeneth Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Starting over as in restarting the land clean for the new stuff

I'm asking this because I don't know how much of the world's chunks have been spawned, whether people will die if they don't have lapis lazuli for their blue dye, and whether we'll need to start all over in order to gain the new gem which will obviously not have been spawned in areas that wouldn't have had the ability to spawn something that doesn't exist.

tzeneth
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Probability of starting all over again? Empty Re: Probability of starting all over again?

Post  BlackHayate Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:55 pm

bank
can
sell
it
Smile

BlackHayate

Back to top Go down

Probability of starting all over again? Empty Re: Probability of starting all over again?

Post  Sasha Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:47 pm

0% chance

Expanding border to generate new chunks with lapis lazuli in them.

/topic
Sasha
Sasha
Admin
Admin

https://aetherlite.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tzeneth Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:23 pm

I guess my subway system can extend that far and charge more for that destination. Yeesh, with 1k already as it's length, going to be a long walk to get to that border just for some blue wool.

tzeneth
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHayate Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Bank,
Can
Sell
It
As
Well

BlackHayate

Back to top Go down

Post  annexone Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:57 pm

I believe Sasha has made a call on that. It does not appear we'll have the easy route.

This will be a long hard climb, so let's see where it goes...all for 1 new ore. Wink
annexone
annexone
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post  jaotusv6rk Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:15 pm

...all for 1 new ore. Wink

shiiz i read "all for one, one for ore" Very Happy

i must me tired Very Happy
jaotusv6rk
jaotusv6rk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Location : Jao's Secret Tower II (for world domination...naturally)

http://jaotus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  annexone Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 pm

It's the second stage of Minecraft withdrawal: delusions and an inability to recognise characters forming a sentence.

The first stage is usually hitting "t" before chatting. That was yesterday for me. lol
annexone
annexone
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post  jaotusv6rk Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Hahaa, i had the same Very Happy

But-but-but...i actually wouldn't mind starting over
Embarassed
jaotusv6rk
jaotusv6rk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  annexone Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:22 pm

That's the sick part. Every day since the server went down, I've been thinking: "Gee, would it be so bad to have to build anew?"

It's a yes and no answer. So hard to decide. Question

Then again, I'd be good with any choice, so long as we get coloured blocks finally!
annexone
annexone
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post  jaotusv6rk Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:35 pm

The thing for me is that i built something that is too huge for my cpu to run properly and there is a huge cave system under it, so i sometimes i lag-out like a motherfucker doing all the robot dance and what not with a slideshow up on my screen, so it is kinda depressing, but then again i like what i have made and the amount of work in it, so i would be happy, if it stayed the same and happy if i would have to start over.

But i know everyone has made something amazing by now and i would hate to see it all go, also then there would be nothing except the community to hold people back from leaving to an other server...

So yeah the sword cuts both ways Very Happy
jaotusv6rk
jaotusv6rk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  annexone Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:06 am

I'm actually kinda surprised that you lag around the egg. I found it to be typically pleasant over there and I am running pretty old gear. An XP machine with 1GB of RAM, an Athlon64 3800+ and a GeForce 8800gts.

So, either you are also on old hardware OR you use a notebook/netbook.
annexone
annexone
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post  jaotusv6rk Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:09 am

yeah, a notebook here....freckin integrated graphic card with 1.4 shader Very Happy
jaotusv6rk
jaotusv6rk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  annexone Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Throw in a 5400RPM drive and you've got a choke point that's worse than a pinhead.
annexone
annexone
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post  bk360 Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:46 pm

well a nice server reset every few months or so would be nice, a new starting point(not on the beach) or we could be in-land or multiple islands like hawaii XD but someone has made something cool but the best thing is.. not to keep it forever but to re-build and chnge designs pretty much being more creative to make much cooler things, along to expand.

bk360
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHayate Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:59 pm

if everyone is willing and don't mind a server reset, we could potentially do one every 2-3 months

BlackHayate

Back to top Go down

Post  annexone Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Although, a lesson I learned moderating other servers, is this: Keeping the map rotating(changing) too quickly will keep regulars from sticking around.

We need to keep them running for a good amount of time before switch out. Else we won't ever get to know anyone. lol

Last edited by annexone on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
annexone
annexone
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post  bk360 Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:36 pm

Yes. I teammates89 and busta619 all agree with reseting the server

bk360
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  tzeneth Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:37 am

This one time, I don't mind a server reset but not every 3 months. I don't mind this one because it can allow me to start over and dig anew. Hopefully, I will also find a city that makes me happy. I don't mind keeping the old one, as I had a project I was working on but I'd rather fight for an integrated subway station already built into all the places. Just create my mine and pay a small fee for the building I want and charge anyone who wants to use it a monthly fee. Once I get it finished and fix all the bugs, I wouldn't want the damn thing removed once I'd built it.

tzeneth
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHayate Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:51 am

what about every 4-6 months then? When 90% of the caves are explored, and the world is litered with crap

BlackHayate

Back to top Go down

Post  bk360 Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:56 am

every 6months sounds good. by then alot of the ppl will have quit the server, also at the 6months point take a vote of just a yes or no. also count how many people still play etc.

bk360
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down