Aetheria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Exchange Rate

+4
BlackHayate
Neo Tath
Indekkusutaku
jshreder
8 posters

Go down

Basic Exchange Rate Empty Basic Exchange Rate

Post  jshreder Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:22 am

So, what do you guys think the exchange rate on the server should be? This is just my take...

5 Iron Bars = 1 Gold Bar
10 Gold Bars = 1 Diamond Shard
jshreder
jshreder
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Basic Exchange Rate Empty Re: Basic Exchange Rate

Post  Indekkusutaku Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:28 am

Seems well enough to me.
Indekkusutaku
Indekkusutaku
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Neo Tath Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:32 am

Diamonds should only be used for tools. As it is rarer than Gold, therefore it should be only be used for tools.
Diamonds could be used currency. As to buy Gold, such as 1 Diamond can be traded for 5 Gold to buy other tools/items.

Neo Tath

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHayate Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:35 am

i agree with neo

BlackHayate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:37 am

I like mudkips.

MOD EDIT: This is a stupid comment. Please put more thoughts into your posts! God.
Sasha
Sasha
Admin
Admin

https://aetherlite.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sophos99 Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Diamonds should not be regarded as a currency, but rather as "bonus," if you will, when trying to push through a business deal. Its price should be dictated by supply and demand.

sophos99
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  jshreder Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:34 pm

That sounds like it might work. So, Iron and Gold are the currency, and Diamonds are for tools and Bonuses.
jshreder
jshreder
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  damndood Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:05 am

jshreder wrote:So, what do you guys think the exchange rate on the server should be? This is just my take...

5 Iron Bars = 1 Gold Bar
gold-2-5 stacks of coal 10-20 iron 1 gold Costs 5-10 gold for 1 diamond/Coal- 1 coal Costs 10-20 coal for 1 iron 5-10 stacks for 1 gold 10-20 stacks for 1 diamond/Iron-10-20 coal 1 iron Costs 10-20 for 1 gold 1-2 stacks for 1 diamond/Gold-5-10 stacks of coal iron 10-20 diamond costs 5-10 per 1/Diamond-10-20 stacks of coal 1-2 stacks of iron 5-10 gold 1 diamond

lol!

damndood
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Indekkusutaku Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:12 pm

damndood wrote:
jshreder wrote:So, what do you guys think the exchange rate on the server should be? This is just my take...

5 Iron Bars = 1 Gold Bar
gold-2-5 stacks of coal 10-20 iron 1 gold Costs 5-10 gold for 1 diamond/Coal- 1 coal Costs 10-20 coal for 1 iron 5-10 stacks for 1 gold 10-20 stacks for 1 diamond/Iron-10-20 coal 1 iron Costs 10-20 for 1 gold 1-2 stacks for 1 diamond/Gold-5-10 stacks of coal iron 10-20 diamond costs 5-10 per 1/Diamond-10-20 stacks of coal 1-2 stacks of iron 5-10 gold 1 diamond

lol!

Format Man I can't even read this. Punctuation is our friend.
Indekkusutaku
Indekkusutaku
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:40 pm

The point is, originally we were trying to take something that was absolutely useless (See: Gold) and turn it into something everyone can use, or our currency. Then we realized, gold was just to rare to be the only currency so we added in iron as a secondary exchange item. (Think Silver -> Gold); therefore it's not that coal trades up to iron to gold to diamonds. It's that diamonds and coal are simply items that are bought using gold.

Gold and iron are the dollars and quarters, respectively. Diamond and coal is equivalent to groceries. To be used for something and not saved, but still incredibly useful. Therefore, richness is not determined by how many diamonds you have but by how much gold and iron you have. Having a lot of diamonds is just a good thing; who doesn't want more diamonds?
Sasha
Sasha
Admin
Admin

https://aetherlite.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Indekkusutaku Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:01 pm

Sasha wrote:The point is, originally we were trying to take something that was absolutely useless (See: Gold) and turn it into something everyone can use, or our currency. Then we realized, gold was just to rare to be the only currency so we added in iron as a secondary exchange item. (Think Silver -> Gold); therefore it's not that coal trades up to iron to gold to diamonds. It's that diamonds and coal are simply items that are bought using gold.

Gold and iron are the dollars and quarters, respectively. Diamond and coal is equivalent to groceries. To be used for something and not saved, but still incredibly useful. Therefore, richness is not determined by how many diamonds you have but by how much gold and iron you have. Having a lot of diamonds is just a good thing; who doesn't want more diamonds?

I would quite disagree I think diamonds are useful as a "groceries" but also useful as a currency, for the record my mine accepts them as payment, currency is what we make it. I plan to hoard my diamond as currency, with the few tools i have made of diamond i don't even want to use, I do but I dislike it lol. But even if no one accepts it it's a good thing i have plenty of gold and iron too.
Indekkusutaku
Indekkusutaku
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  damndood Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:09 am

Indekkusutaku wrote:
Sasha wrote:The point is, originally we were trying to take something that was absolutely useless (See: Gold) and turn it into something everyone can use, or our currency. Then we realized, gold was just to rare to be the only currency so we added in iron as a secondary exchange item. (Think Silver -> Gold); therefore it's not that coal trades up to iron to gold to diamonds. It's that diamonds and coal are simply items that are bought using gold.

I would quite disagree I think diamonds are useful as a "groceries" but also useful as a currency, for the record my mine accepts them as payment, currency is what we make it. I plan to hoard my diamond as currency, with the few tools i have made of diamond i don't even want to use, I do but I dislike it lol. But even if no one accepts it it's a good thing i have plenty of gold and iron too.
Lol,i miss our Epic min of DOOOM!,even though we were lacking pig still good times

damndood
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  bk360 Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:25 am

Alright Here is the currency so far In-Game that I have learnt. (Updated On Changees)

1 stack of the following:
Sand
Dirt
Cobble,
Gravel
Wood Planks

= 16 RS(Red Stone) 33% Is added on this type of transfer.(means 33% is taken off IF Traded to the bank, Not other players.)
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
1 stack of RS(Red Stone) 33% does NOT apply.

= 1 Gold Bar.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
How to find how much RS(Red Stone) you will get when converting "dirt/sand/gravel/cobble ETC."

A = Stack you Have.(example we have 30 stacks of 64 dirt.)
XXX = Answer

16 * A
A * .66 = XXX

If i had 30 stacks of dirt, it woulld look like this.
16 * 30
30 * .66 = 158.4
You Get 158-160 RS(Red Stone)
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

bk360
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum